Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Whitewash.......

Severe blog deprivation I know, but at the moment there is nothing to blog. When I say nothing I mean nothing. I havent practiced for ages, the room where the board once hung is now our bedroom and where the board is soon to be hung is now being decorated so im unsure when I will be back on the home oche.

Anyway there was another match last night.

Duke of Lancaster - 07/11/06 (h)

Another pub thats new to the fixture list & that have apparently not turned up to a couple of matches this season. Why?, i dont know. The pub has more recently become the meeting point for people who have an alternative approach to the mating cause. Now im not one bit against this, but think hard.......imagine a puff darts team?!!

Anyway quite suprisingly we had a good turnout early for this game. Our players do seem to be getting a lot better & I seem to be getting a lot worse. Im still holding this down to the severe lack of practice due to the mentioned above. Anyway 8.30 came around & we were due to toe the oche.

No sign of the Duke's team. A few minutes later & a bloke asked for the captain.

G: 'Thats me how can I help?'
D: 'Well im from the Duke of Lancaster & we havent got a team'
G: 'OK, how many players have you got?'
D: 'Two'
G: 'Oh dear.......!!!, I'll give you till 9 to get a team together'
D: 'Yeh, but no-one wants to play'
G: 'Ok, do you want to forfeit the match?'
D: 'Suppose we'll have to........'
G: 'OK, that'll be twenty two - nill to us then!!'
D: 'No probs, cheers'

And that was that. A resounding 22-0 victory in the space of 30 seconds. Im sure I will need to explain to the league secratary what happend, but what else could be done. They didnt want to play we were ready. Anyway surely we'll be top of the league?

We had an inter tournament with the players that turned up. I was hammered in the first round & went home early.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommo said...

This team are going to get sick of hearing the same jokes wheeled out each time they play an Away game!

5:34 PM  
Blogger 501 said...

yeh, when they turn up!!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home