Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

3 in a row.......

Vine & Hops - 10/10/06 (a)

The 3rd match of the season was played last night. Although most games are 'derbies' in the league this is 'The Derby' as the away venue is literally a 20 metre walk away. The pub has been done out into a wine type bar & it certainly isn't your regular darts venue.

The pre-turnout looked good once again & with the players on show I was sure we wouldn't have any problems in taking a win back down King Street.

Steve Shaw started us off. He rarely fails to impress. 33 off, 138 checking out on a straight forward 32 (16x). 'Aussie' Mick Daly took to 2nd place, but couldn't quite finish to put us into a two-nil lead. Andy Markham's form improved taking producing a 140 with a 10 checkout.

4th up was Pete Kennington. He started brightly a pulled a 140 from nowhere, but similar to Aussie Mick he couldn't quite gain the finish. Struggling for a 5th man, I decided to take the position. Being team captain I thought it was a wise move. I started well using the new stance, getting off with a double 8. I had an 83 followed by a 97 but these aren't worth noting if im to mingle with the big boys!!. My finishing was shy & I struggled to nail a simple 60. Again going the long way round finally hitting a double 2. Yes another win under my belt, but I seriously need more practice.

At the break we were 3-2 up at Darts & level at Dominoes 3-3.

Post break we went 4-3 down after the first two matches. Dave Walker & Steve Tennant sadly loosing their matches. Paul Haywood took 8th place & produced a fine display against probably their best player. A 42 off, 123 & a double top check taking the game to 4-4.

We had already won the game as they only had 8 players. Although I suggested that they play 2 to give the remainder of our team a game.

Dave Murby threw a 100 off with a 140 & I would have banked a big check out, but mad house was required & hit!! Rob Lancaster drew the match to a close. The 2nd biggest off of the night, 66, but he is still looking for that 1st win of the winter season.

Darts: 4-6
Dominoes: 5-7

Another overall win under our belts & still unbeaten at darts.

Personal Performance Indicator (PPI):

Another win. 3 out of 3 now. I do consider my form to be improving, but I still lack a little more practice. I am comfortable with the new stance, but it does seem to slightly make me throw more towards the 5. I will try to investigate why during the week. Another big tournament on Saturday. This is being held in Lancaster, so some familiar local faces will no doubt be in attendance. Let's hope for a first tournament match win & continue to build on top of that.

2 Comments:

Blogger ArcticFox said...

glad to hear about your win...

let's hope you can maintain this standard and your meteoric rise continues.

FoX

8:13 AM  
Blogger Tommo said...

Keep up the unbeaten start. We dropped Double Start from our League before I started playing. We haven't done well at in in the cup competitions that still use it, but I wouldn't mind either way.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home