Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back to action.....

Yes I am still here. Blogging hasnt been a prioity for the past two months as I have been out of work/contract. My darts skills have been a rollercoaster ride over this period. I have been practising for the odd string of days, but then I get way laid & im back to normal again.

So since the last blog I have:

Lost in the Bolton Open
Won against Lord Ashton in the league
Lost against Ruxtons in the league
Lost against Royal Oak in the league
Lost againt Freeholders A in the league

Yes a pretty dismal two months on the competitive scene, but its not for playing badly. My opponents have been finsihing first time my scoring has been quite good but ive been pipped at the post. Anyway back to blogging and last nights action.

Skerton Hotel (h) - 16/01/07

Last nights team were the above. A team who we'd heard a lot about, but for wrong reasons. Apparently they dont turn up, cant mark etc. You get the picture. Anyway half eight came & they had 5 players. It was decided to go with our best five players that had turned up.

Dave Murby kicked us off & as always impressed us with his darts. A 61 off, a ton followed with a 140 & a nice double top out. A good start. I went up next. Confident of grabbing a win I hit two consective tons and rounded off with a 16 out. My recent practice had paid off. Ross George got off to a flyer producing some nice arrows with 16 off & two ton pluses. His finishing wasnt the best but he nailed 'Mad House' to take us 3-0 up. Rob Lancaster toed the oche fourth. Eventually getting off, he had some nice darts but his opponent was always snooping around his score. A hard fought finish, but Rob just couldnt find his double to take the leg. Taking us into the break was Paul Haywood. A dazzling performance once again. 80 off, 140 followed by a ton & a double ten out. At half time a sure victory was acomplished.

Darts: 4-1
Dominoes: 2-4

We negotiated that Skerton could play some ringers as it was only fair for lads that had turned up for us. Mick Daly went 6th & was paired against a female competitor. Her darts were better than some of ours on the night but Mick took the game with a double 8. Steve Tennants new darts were on fire. Several pre-practice tons he looked in good form. A 102 off saw him get down to a 'Mad House' out. Dave Walker topped the night off with what looked to be a victory, but sadly he couldnt find the last dart to take a win. So overall.....

Darts: 9-1
Dominoes: 8-4

Personal Performance Indicator (PPI):

Back to a winning form after a dismal two months. I have been practicing well & recently purchased some new darts. The seem to have made my control a lot better. See below. I have also altered my stems for a longer one. Again this has improved the overall throw. I have started to stand a lot different aswell, more of a 90 degree posture as to 45.

My new darts are Ruthless RingGrip 24g

Buy them here -
DartsCorner



Lets hope for another winning streak & its the John O'Gaunt next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home