Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Monday, October 02, 2006

New toys......

Suprisingly there was no practice again yesterday. Yes you may think 'How can I be commited to the sport if I dont practice'. Well at the moment I have just moved house, & things are up in the air. I have no reasonable place to put up the board & yesterday also saw me partake in my other love, which is watching Manchester United.

Today however, I have purchased a new dartboard. A Unicorn Eclipse Pro. This is what they use in the PDC. The board features diamond cut wires which apparently reduce 'bounce outs'. Lets hope so because id of had several 180's per session if id have bought earlier!! Linz doesnt know it yet, but it will be hung in the spare room for the 'winter'.


I also found out that Alan Tabern won the tournament that I played in on Saturday. His opponent apparently thrw a 9 darter aswell. Gutted that I missed that, but why would I have wanted to hang around......

Next game is tomorrow in the Lancaster league. We play The Boot & Shoe at home, another team who we havent played before.

3 Comments:

Blogger ArcticFox said...

Rising up.... straight to the tooooop!!

New board = New level of commitment please!!

come on 501 we're rooting for you...

Less nude motel shots, more checkouts!!

FoX

3:43 PM  
Blogger Tommo said...

I'm using a Winmau Blade II in the house, but it has design problems where the wires become raised from the board over time. You get a nice "ching" when you hit them, but I noticed the Eclipse has a far better wiring system and it'll be the one I get when I replace the Blade II

12:14 PM  
Blogger 501 said...

yeh deffo recommend this one tommo. £24.99 @ JJB. a nice bright light on this & it comes alive!!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home