Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Friday, October 06, 2006

Stance & Deliver......

OK blog lacking has been due to a bout of man flu. It suddenly developed on Tuesday & gradually got worse. Tuesday night I had the game on my mind so couldnt really focus on being ill. Instead I did this Wednesday & no practice was done.

Last night I decided to get back to it & have a good practice.

I started by trying to pepper the 20. Occasionally hitting ton pluses along with the odd 140. Id say I hit more 41's, 45's & 60's. Ive been looking for various practice games & stumbled accross some finishing practice. Basically you start with 170 & try to finish it. Scoring points for the number of darts used. I played this for around 30 minutes managing to get a 6 dart finish (20, 40 1) & (57, 12, 40).

Im unsure whether a big floor in my game is the way I stand. I currently stand straight on with my right foot directly in line with the middle of the board. Now there is no right or wrong way to stand or throw a dart, but I feel that I need to adjust. I decided to have my foot at a 45 degree angle to the toe line head directly in line with the middle of the board. With my first 3 darts I shot a 140. Now some may say beginners luck, but I did seem to feel more positive using that posture. I continued for around another 30 minutes using the new technique & to be honest it does seem more influential. During my next practices I will try both techniques & compare over a 30 minute period.

This weekend I shall be mostly re-arranging the study along with a couple of hours practice.

6 Comments:

Blogger 501 said...

my ingrowing toenail & athletes foot have now gone. i am now able to stand tall.....

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your finally adopting the "Barnsley Chop" stance!
May all your darts hit the board!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Tommo said...

My trailing leg always leaves the floor when I release. Really bad, I know, but I can't get any other stance to work for me. I've tried all sorts to keep it anchored, but looks like I'm stuck with it.

12:08 PM  
Blogger ArcticFox said...

doesn't matter how ya stand as long as you can hit a pigs arse with a shovel!!

FoX

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i took part in a 14 player euroaway match of killer in amsterdam this weekend... only managing to reach 11, beat that!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not killer, that was the pool match!! i meant round the clock!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home