Diary of a Darts Player

Follow my journey from 'Mad House' to 'Double Top'. The BIG time beckons......

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'll get me coat.........

Cat Update: He's come home!!! After 56 hours of exploration Dillon finally came home. I was awoke by by Linzi screaming 'He's home, he's home'. There he was like nothing had happened. A celebratory drink & a nice Indian are on the agenda for tonight.

Moving onto what are now more important matters. I have been & played in the pre-post mentioned tournament. I turned up bright & early to get a bit of practice in. The tournament was held in St. Helens. No disrespect to place but it seems a rough place. I drove past a few council estates on the way & I was amused to see a group of possible 'community servicers' digging up some wasteland. Anyway, I found the venue. Foreigners may have found it difficulty as the wording on the pub front just read 'ob'.


Venue:



There were a few people there, some familiar faces who I have only briefly spoke to in the past. After an hour or so of practice I heard rumours that Alan Tabern was turning up. He’s a PDC player who reached the semi-final of the UK Open this year (see pic). This didn’t put me off as I would have loved the experience to play him.



The draw was made & surprisingly my name was called first to play on the main board. Usually at these tournaments you have to wait another hour before you play.

My practicing had been OK & I was pretty confident. The first leg saw me play what’s probably been my best ever darts. I twice threw over 100 needing, leaving a 160 finish. Could I do it? Treble 20, Treble 20................Wired tops. Gutted!! 20 remaining to take the leg against the throw. 20 needed, I hit the wrong bed leaving 8 (6x). My opponent comfortably finished a 57.

The next 2 legs saw me play poor. I couldn’t hit a barn door. My opponent was comfortable all the way finally winning the match with a 157 finish (60, 57, Tops).

I left disappointed that I couldn’t have produced another 1st leg.

Personal Performance Indicator (PPI):

Good pre-practice. Possible best leg to date. More concerntration required for legs against throw.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArcticFox said...

hooray for your moggie - humbug for your "arrers"!

main thing is that you enjoyed yerself fella..... was better than my day in ikea hell, I can tell you THAT much!!

FoX

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home